Title: How to unlock and recover files from a locked SD card?
description: SD cards are one of the most frequently used solutions for storing data such as: documents, files, photos, recordings, games, applications and movies. It happens, however, that these great cards that make our lives easier often break or block. What to do in this case? How to deal with such a problem? There are many interesting ways to unlock a memory card. Below we present a short guide on how to go about unlocking the memory card.
Below are simple steps to unlock the SD card on your Windows computer.
• Connect the locked SD card to your Windows PC. If you are using a micro-SD card, you can use an adapter that fits the slot.
• Press the "Windows" + R keys simultaneously to run the command prompt as administrator.
• Type the following commands and press Enter after each entry; diskpart, list the disks, select the disk and press enter.
• You will now see "Disk Attributes Only" and press the Enter key.
• If you can see the message "Disk Attributes Wiped Successfully", your disk is no longer protected and unlocked. The above-mentioned cmd commands remove the write protection from the SD card and unlock the memory card. ES File Explorer can also help you unlock your SD card as long as it's password protected. Below are the steps you can follow to unlock the memory card on your smartphone via the file management app. Keep in mind that
• Download and install ES File Explorer on your Android phone.
• Insert a password-protected SD card into your Android device.
• Open the ES File Explorer application and go to the "System Folder" directory.
• Look for the MMCSTORE file and rename it to mmcstore.txt.
• Open the file and make a note of the password.
• Now try to access the memory card and enter the password where it says - remove the memory card password.
How to recover files from an unlocked SD card?
It turns out not to be difficult. Below are the steps to help you recover files from an unlocked memory card using WondershareRecoverit on your Windows PC.
• Download and install WondershareRecoverit on your device by visiting the Wondershare website.
• Launch the application and insert the SD card into the computer. • Select the SD card in the main menu. A quick scan will run and the software will display all files stored on the card. Select the files you want to recover and click Recover to restore photos from SD card along with other necessary materials.
If you are a beginner and don't know much about data recovery tools, WondershareRecoverit is a good option to restore files from SD card. It is simple to use and has a fast scanning and recovery process and allows you to recover all types of files from an SD card.
keywords: SD cards, guide, manual, novelty, unlocking, recovery